2018 changed into a sprint to the end for Digital India. With a 16% Y-O-Y increase in phone utilization, India surpassed the United States to be the quickest growing cell marketplace ultimate 12 months. Reliance JIO enabled this rapid rise of 4G, resulting in elevated content material consumption throughout the country. As net penetration increases, the digital advertising panorama will also grow. Here is the listing of nineteen digital marketing traits and predictions that humans ought to be careful of in 2019.
1. Search to end up Faster, Smarter, Crisper: Google will upward thrust to provide answers in preference to provide outcomes. All Why’s, How’s, and Where’s can be replied to within Google search without clicking a button. Brands and Content websites will want to adapt to offer answers at once to stay applicable on SEO. Google’s Search AI will evolve to expect subsequent queries & answers with more accuracy.
2. Video Rules Over Text: Video will maintain to dominate social channels, Live Video – Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube Live, especially. A large section of the latest internet customers is at ease eating content material on video than textual content. Brands that recognize this may boom their share of Digital Marketing spend on Videos.
3. Users Adopting ‘Visual Search’: A new wave of Visual Search can improve seek studies for users creating a seek as clean as taking a photo. Pinterest has examined this with their Lens feature, which lets users take a photo of an article and finally discover how to purchase it.
4. Amazon as a Marketing Channel: Amazon’s role as an advertising channel is to grow appreciably with rich purchaser records. It is the start line for product searches. Amazon’s growing role as a product discovery platform will make Google positioned an excellent deal of effort to service & boom the percentage of merchandise visible in search results.
5. The growth of digital adoption in Tier 4 cities & beyond: This will push Video, Voice & Vernacular to grow, resulting in the boom of nearby OTT Video Content & marketing and Voice search. In Rural & Semi-Urban markets, Digital Product launches & advertising and marketing campaigns will pass more and more from Mobile-first to Mobile-Only.
6. We will see information in action: Mid-sized corporations will adopt Customer Data Management Platforms and make better use of them to get a richer profile of a purchaser’s adventure.
7. Data gets secure: Individuals and businesses may be much less inclined to share facts and could hold facts they own more comfortably. There will be a tightrope stroll among political events and virtual sharing platforms consisting of Facebook, WhatsApp, and Google, who will learn to proportion data ethically and in a manner that respects the electorate.
8. Apps will lose their promise: Because of too many established Apps on the phone, common updates wished with the aid of apps, excessive uninstall prices, & growing app installation fraud on telephones, extra purchasers & corporations might also pick innovative web app (PWA) options. It’s probable that in 2019, offerings/products that pass the ‘Toothbrush Test’ (“Must be used at the least twice an afternoon”) – could be favored as apps whilst the relaxation might be on shaky floor
9. Catch at the pass: As audiences get busier, the content might be fed on at the move. This Omnichannel sales approach will grow across video websites, social media, Over Top players, and Digital out of domestic placements throughout transit, such as OLA Play, etc. This additionally spells the fast increase of Digital out-of-home placements that might be Hyperlocally relevant – e.g., Internal Malls, Restaurants, Bus stands, Railway Stations.
10. AI-Powered Social Media: Many social channels already have AI working in their background. Such capabilities assist in photo reputation and make vehicle suggestions of products; subsequently, in 2019, AI will develop to energy social media even greater than it does nowadays.
11. The Rise of Creative Native Ads or Contextual placements that cut: Brands will aspire to make customize content material match Gen-Z customer’s ensInnovative & Interactive Ad codecs – such advertisements will stand out. However, gained’t interrupt the person’s glide.
12. Distribution- key in Content Marketing: Content will play a big position in brand and product merchandising, but because the proliferation of ads on social channels has already saturated the medium, the content might be used for product discoverability in a greater diffused way.
13. Stories Will Become Engaging: Stories, specifically on Instagram, will retain to adapt – more functions will be delivered as manufacturers and individuals take to sharing micro-content the use of Stories
14. Whatsapp Ads: Whatsapp is now the top actual estate for Facebook to make bigger commercials. An individual’s Whatsapp Status will be the primary testing ground for advertisements, and Meta-statistics sharing among Whatsapp & Facebook can even grow.
15. Brands want to be “on brand,” so to mention: Brands will increasingly try to insert themselves into the continuing narrative on Social Media which includes Memes, Topical, and Chatter. The ones that do that uniquely will succeed in translating their attempt into Digital PR so that you can result in sustained Brand presence.
16. AR & VR will lead to creative advertising and marketing: This year, Amazon’s Prime Day Sale becomes a good example of marketing-led using Virtual Reality. Brands will guess huge on AR and VR in 2019.
17. Year of ‘Programmatic Guaranteed’: Apprehensions over emblem protection & brand suitability have been addressed to a massive volume; therefore, it’s the proper time for manufacturers to test with a bigger scale on Programmatic in India. Digitally enabled TV Screens, probable Digital Out Of Home media and Audio, etc. – might be on hand on an unmarried Platform in 2019.
18. Influencers Get Niche: Influencer marketing took off massively ultimate year, and we can see influencer management structures and tools that permit micro-influencers, category precise influencers who are capable of force consideration for the area of interest products, and in-house influencers, grow in scope as brands nurture social-media-savvy personnel to undertake influencer duties
19. ROI Focus at the High: Unit economics will stay a buzzword for most digital agencies centered on price efficiencies. Measurement and attribution will remain a venture because of an increase in go-channel advertising.